Skill-ED Certification Program 6Months
Skill-ED is a 6-month program and a unique experience that allows you to plan and build anything and everything you have ever thought of. The program is designed in a way to ensure that you spend most of the time building real products and machines instead of sitting in the class with a notebook and a pen.
Learn Making Things from Ideas
Where would we be without our desire to learn about the universe we live in?
Now, there’s no doubt about the comprehensiveness of our education system. However, we want to fill what we’ve identified as important gaps in private and public efforts to boost creative thinking and innovation in India. With our tools and services, effective mentoring, diverse networks, and access to seed capital, Workbench Projects has been recognised as a pioneer of driving program conception, design, planning and execution in India’s burgeoning start-up universe.
With that said, we have created this channel of learning, and more to come in the future, that we guarantee will teach you a thing or two.
- You will learn how to bring your ideas to life. Even if you don’t have an idea but you are trying to come up with a solution to a problem, the program will enable you to envision a solution, prototype and document it.
- We encourage you to use these fabrication tools to take various code and formats and turn them into physical functioning products. In fact, you will be planning and building a project every week.
- You will document your progress for each project, which will result in a personal portfolio of technical accomplishments. This portfolio will act as proof of your abilities and accomplishments, which later will help you in building your career.
No prior requirement of the subject is needed
Skill-ED is a 6-month program. At the end of the program you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion. The certificate will be awarded as a representation of your abilities and achievements, and not the time/duration spent working on the program.
Skill-ED is a unique experience that allows you to plan and build anything and everything you have ever thought of. The program is designed in a way to ensure that you spend most of the time building real products and machines instead of sitting in the class with a notebook and a pen. However, there will be theory sessions, but only 20% of the time. The balance 80% of the time you will be getting your hands dirty.
You will learn how to bring your ideas to life. Even if you don’t have an idea but you are trying to come up with a solution to a problem, the program will enable you to envision a solution, prototype and document it. This is possible because you will spend many hours working with and using various fabrication tools.
We encourage you to use these fabrication tools to take various code and formats and turn them into physical functioning products. In fact, you will be planning and building a project every week.
Principles and practices
Molding and casting or “wild card week”
3D scanning and printing
Interface and application programming
Networking and communications
Applications and implications
Invention, intellectual property, and income
- 16 hours a week of hands-on lab access with a personal instructor
- All the basic course materials
- 1 free assessment and evaluation within the cycle the student enrolled, in any of the rounds available: July or November
- 1 certificate of completion
- Access to all recorded lectures and reviews
- Access to the Lab equipment and facilities for the purpose of the course (in schedule determined by labs)
- Free software licenses for selected Autodesk and Solidworks software packages during the course
Course fee is Rs. 1,50,000/- (exclusive of taxes). Fill the for below to get detailed structure of this program in your mailbox.
- Students with scholarships must have full dedication to the program
- Students with scholarships must attend to 80% of classes and all Regional Reviews; if for some reason (professional or personal) they cannot attend regularly, they must inform this to Coordination and to the Local Instructor, and arrange a schedule to work off regular hours.
- Students with scholarships must finish the course in the 1st Evaluation Round (Dec)
- Students with scholarships must comply with all payment deadlines
- Students with scholarships cannot defer their grant for the following years
- If students discontinue the course, the scholarship will be terminated
NOTE: Students may have their scholarship terminated upon failure to meet performance requirements as outlined above.
To apply for scholarships, submit the application form below and email us your CV or portfolio at email@example.com with the subject line “Application for Skill-Ed Scholarship.
I had been woking for various companies over the year but always wanted to build things with my bare hands. Workbench Projects’ Skill-Ed program gave me the opportunity to try and learn things on my own. I always wanted to make something that has never been made before, that was my goal at Skill-Ed and take people’s help in making new things.
Richard is a Maker at heart and Biohacker by passion and a professional eccentric. He prefers working on unconventional and unknown ideas over tried and tested ones. He studied Engineering Biotechnology from Manipal Institute of Technology and has worked in areas ranging from beer brewing, to the downstream processing of menthol and the production of biofuel from algae. Richard believes in the potential of engineering and entrepreneurship to transform our way of life from where we are to wherever we want to go.
Ready to Apply?
Get more details on your email.