- This event has passed.
Altair Start-Up Challenge 2020
Altair is a leading provider of enterprise-class engineering software enabling innovation, reduced development times, and lower costs through the entire product life cycle from concept design to in-service operation. Our simulation-driven approach to innovation is powered by our integrated suite of software which optimizes design performance across multiple disciplines encompassing structures, motion, fluids, thermal management, electromagnetics, system modelling and embedded systems, while also providing data analytics and true-to-life visualization and rendering
Today’s products are complex involving multiple domains and physics. A good design can command premiums in the market place. However, the time and costs involved must be managed well to make a meaningful impact. Most startups, we reckon, could use simulation technology to aid their product design thereby reduce time to market.
Altair is happy to partner with Startup India and Invest India to invite ideas from the Startup community in 3 areas / themes namely:
– Simulation technology for product design & development
– Model Based Embedded Development ; and
– Digital Transformation Leveraging IoT, AI & ML
Altair’s goal for the challenge include:
(a) help to reduce the number of functional prototypes AND reduce the time taken from start to tooling readiness
(b) help to create algorithms related to embedded systems
(c) help effective use of Altair AI, ML & IoT platforms for product innovation, predictive maintenance, real time asset monitoring and digital twins
1. Startups, as defined and recognized by Department of Industrial Policy Promotion (DIPP), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India as well as those who are registered on the startup India platform.
2. Any Indian company incorporated under the Companies Act 1956/2013, primarily a Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) as defined in the MSME Act, 2006.
It is mandatory that these challenges are taken up using Altair Technologies. You can learn more about Altair platforms & products at https://www.altair.com/product-showcase
Top 5 winners will stand a chance to win a total cash prize worth of INR 7,75,000.
1st Prize : ₹ 2,50,000
2nd Prize : ₹ 2,00,000
3rd Prize : ₹ 1,50,000
4th Prize : ₹ 1,00,000
5th Prize : ₹ 75,000
1. Access to Altair technology for chosen entries. Altair technology refers to the various simulation technology that Altair offers to its customers worldwide. Please visit https://www.altair.com/product-showcase to learn more. Refer to FAQ section below as well.
2. Access to mentors during design to testing phase for chosen entries. Duration of mentorship will be from first week of Apr to 30 June 2020. Mentorship hours will be 10 hours per month for each of the 50 entries selected.
3. Access to Altair Forums to help improve visibility for winners. This is akin to market connect. Over the past 18 years, the Altair Technology Conference – ATC has grown to become a premier forum for networking, learning and sharing experiences in design, engineering, and high-performance computing. Altair also conducts CXO events and other focused events. We have invited a few startups over the years to share their views and promote their products.
Procedure Post Submission
Procedure Post Submission
– Applications closing date: 7th March 2020
– Announcing top 150 applicants: 16th Mar 2020
– Announcing top 50 applicants: 30th Mar 2020
– Access to technology: from 01st Apr 2020
– Top 5 Winners: 06th Jul 2020