- This event has passed.
P&G Signal Innovation Brief Call for Startup Submissions
Procter & Gamble is looking for new approaches and technologies that can help them to address key business challenges/opportunities. The following innovation brief(s) will provide a high-level overview of specific business goals and needs, as well as a high-level overview of what they are looking for in a solution.
If you would like to submit a solution, please go to the P&G Innovation Brief Response Form http://bit.ly/2RhL6Y4 and complete the form with the requested information.
Brief Submission Period: December 9th, 2019 – January 24th, 2020
Brand or Department: P&G Signal Accelerator, Corporate Innovation
Opportunity for Innovation Partner(s): Pilot Funding & Access to Brands
- Complete the P&G Innovation Brief Response Form – http://bit.ly/2RhL6Y4
- All responses will be reviewed and you will be notified as to whether the response has been accepted for further consideration.
- If accepted, you will be contacted by a Pilot44 Research Analyst to schedule a meeting to present additional detail on your company and solution as well as, where applicable, to provide a demonstration of your product.
- If contacted for next steps, additional detail on the client needs will be provided during at that time, as well as additional information on the review, selection and reward process.
- You can send any specific questions to our innovation partner, Pilot44: firstname.lastname@example.org
P&G Signal Innovation Brief Overview
P&G Gaming & eSports Summit
Major brands are beginning to envision a world without ads, wherein they need to develop more experiential ways of engaging consumers. Brands will seek to become tightly integrated into a user’s natural online and offline behaviors. One area of opportunity rising to the top is both Gaming and Esports. While select P&G brands have been experimenting with gaming & esports, there is not a clear set of strategies for brands to deploy let alone a playbook to scale across the company. In general, awareness of the gaming world is low within P&G and it represents a massive (largely untapped) user group.
Business Challenge / Needs Definition:
P&G categories & brands would like to dive deep into the world of gaming in order to better understand why, where & how brands can play. How can participating in and around eSports, Live Game Streaming and Mobile/PC/Console games unlock new consumer engagement models? How can P&G brands integrate in ways that are both useful, interesting and deliver something that makes the audience’s experience better than it would have been without the brand’s involvement? Who are the major players, startups, & partners that can help P&G not only activate but also form category specific gaming strategies? How can a Gaming and eSports Strategy help address business challenges or consumer barriers (e.g. unreachables, point of market entry, incremental reach, relevance, awareness among new
target, etc.)? How can P&G think about short and long term strategies in Gaming?
In order to answer these questions, the P&G Signal Accelerator is organizing a Gaming & Esports Summit in Cincinnati in January/February 2020. The goal of the summit is not only to educate and inspire but most importantly set participants up to ACT on opportunities and launch pilots. At the gaming summit we will have a mix of speakers, startup/partner pitches and workshops covering the following examples:
- Gaming type demos (playing, streaming & eSports) & experiences (i.e., a live tournament)
- Gaming experts and key opinion leader roundtables
- Video game streaming providers + startups enabling activation
- eSports team and tournament organizers + startups helping brands participate
- In-game advertising technology partners
- Gaming activation & strategy workshops
Key Objectives for the Gaming Summit
- Deep dive of the gaming & Esports space, players in the ecosystem, audience demographics, & key trends.
- Understand role of brands & best-in-class case studies across: eSports, Streaming, Mobile/Console/PC/VR/AR game play.
- Discover current and emerging solutions/technologies for engaging gamers.
- Learn how to experiment in gaming, how brands can reach gaming fans, & steps to develop a gaming strategy
Relevant Technology Domains May Include, but are not Limited to, the Following:
- Game Streaming
- Gaming Influencers
- Gaming Agencies
- Tournament Organizers
- Mobile Gaming
- PC Gaming
- Console Gaming
- VR/AR Gaming
- In-game Advertising & Sponsored Content
For this brief, we are looking to pull together both partners and thought leaders together in order to develop and begin to run experiments in the Gaming and Esports domains. All ideas and submissions will be fully reviewed.