- This event has passed.
Apply for SPARSH fellowship, supporting innovators who want to tackle the problem of waste.
January 15, 2020
BIRAC is inviting applications for BIRAC’s SPARSH fellowship under Waste to Value theme. Social Innovation Immersion Program (SIIP), a component of the SPARSH scheme, is BIRAC’s social Innovation fellowship/award program which enables potential entrepreneurs to focus on understanding and addressing the problem of converting waste to value.
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) is a not-for-profit Section 8, Schedule B, Public Sector Enterprise, set up by Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India as an Interface Agency to strengthen and empower the emerging Biotech enterprise to undertake strategic research and innovation, addressing nationally relevant product development needs.
Highlights of the Fellowship:
– Fully funded fellowship with a monthly stipend of Rs. 50,000 pm (18 months)
– Rs. 5 Lakhs mini kick start grant
– Immersion into the waste ecosystem including Rural Immersion
– Access to a network of Mentors and Investors
– Opportunities to seek funding from other programs at Villgro and it’s partners
Indian (Must be an Indian Citizen) undergraduate (B.
Please note: The SPARSH Fellowship requires the Innovators to work fulltime and cannot be combined with fellowships from other funding organizations.
Benefits of applying through Villgro Innovations Foundation:
– More than 19 years of experience in incubating entrepreneurs and helping them achieve their goals
– Collaborations with various organizations to access all types of waste
– Mentors with several decades of on-ground experience.
– Access to workspace and prototyping facilities
– A huge network of funders and ecosystem partners who can support the Fellows in the next stage